Crazy Uncle Ryan's favorite quotes


"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C. Clarke

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I looked out the window and what did I see?

Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

Well, it's that time of year again. Our apricot tree is laden with blossoms and the bees are swarming around it. I was out there with Collin a few days ago showing him all the blossoms and trying my best to keep him from ripping them off the tree. We are very much hoping that he will be a big fan of apricots because, as usual, we should have tons of them.

Now, whenever Collin sees the tree he tries to say popcorn because we have started singing that song more often. At least he will grow up understanding it. When I was a wee little lad I had no apricot tree in my yard so I really never understood the association between an apricot tree and popcorn. There was even a time when I was really little that I actually thought that the blossoms on an apricot tree literally exploded off the tree. Of course, as any little boy would, I thought that would be pretty cool to see.

2 comments:

  1. I commented! And yes, here's to Collin's mama researching this week recipes that involve apricots so she will be more prepared for when they arrive, the apricot babies. The many, many apricot babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! For the blossoms and the recipes! Grow apricots!

    ReplyDelete