Crazy Uncle Ryan's favorite quotes


"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C. Clarke

Monday, November 9, 2009

Funny Job Post

So, I was job searching (surprise, surprise) and as I was reading through a job posting I came across the following description of the physical demands of the particular position they were hiring for:

While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.

I'm not sure how I feel about having to use my "hands to finger, handle or feel." I would be more comfortable if they would specify what type of substances or people I would be required to "finger." I'm confident in my vocal and auditory skills so I'm sure I would have no problem with the requirement to "talk or hear." I must say though, I'm not too thrilled about the requirement to "reach with hands and arms." I really do prefer to reach with my legs and feet.

1 comment: