Let's be honest; 2009 kinda sucked for me and my little family. But, I'm not gonna spend a lot of time talking about that. Instead, I have decided to list some of the good things that happened over the past year. So, here we go:
- I increased the size of my coin collection.
- The International Astronomical Union did not eliminate any more planets from the Solar System.
- Josh Whedon gave the world of television a wonderful, albeit short lived, gift. And the gift was called "Dollhouse."
- Alisa got prettier
- Patrick Rothfuss turned in his first draft of The Wise Man's Fear to his editor.
- Collin got cuter.
- I acquired The Ultimate Recording Device.*
- J.J. Abrams' remake of Star Trek was just plain awesome.
- Chuck got renewed for a 3rd season.
- I got a new nephew and a new niece.
*The Ultimate Recording Device is a VCR/DVD Recorder Combo with a digital tuner. This device allowed me to continue to record my TV shows after the digital transition.