Crazy Uncle Ryan's favorite quotes


"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C. Clarke

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 In Review

Let's be honest; 2009 kinda sucked for me and my little family. But, I'm not gonna spend a lot of time talking about that. Instead, I have decided to list some of the good things that happened over the past year. So, here we go:
  • I increased the size of my coin collection.
  • The International Astronomical Union did not eliminate any more planets from the Solar System.
  • Josh Whedon gave the world of television a wonderful, albeit short lived, gift. And the gift was called "Dollhouse."
  • Alisa got prettier
  • Patrick Rothfuss turned in his first draft of The Wise Man's Fear to his editor.
  • Collin got cuter.
  • I acquired The Ultimate Recording Device.*
  • J.J. Abrams' remake of Star Trek was just plain awesome.
  • Chuck got renewed for a 3rd season.
  • I got a new nephew and a new niece.

*The Ultimate Recording Device is a VCR/DVD Recorder Combo with a digital tuner. This device allowed me to continue to record my TV shows after the digital transition.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we have our planets out there still too! Caleb got a solar system model for Christmas and was relieved that Pluto came with it.

    ReplyDelete