Crazy Uncle Ryan's favorite quotes


"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C. Clarke

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Evil Parking Lot!!

So, last night, I drove over the the local grocery store. For those of you who are worried about me going to the store on Sunday; I was just returning a movie to the redbox I had rented the day before. I had been planning to just wait and return it today but the movie was so very unsatisfactory that I decided I didn't want to be charged a whole 'nother dollar for it. Anyway, I returned the movie and came back out to my car. But, the car would not start. Fortunately, a nice gentleman was more than happy to give me a jump. So, with cold hands I went home. Now this may not seem like a particularly interesting thing if it were not for the fact that I have needed to have a jump three times in the last two weeks and they have all happened in that same parking lot of Harmon's Grocery Store!

There are several lessons that can be learned from this whole thing. First, if I am going to drive my car somewhere on a night when it's 15 degrees out and I haven't driven it all day I should take some time to warm it up first. Second, I probably ought to get my battery checked. Third, and most importantly; The Harmon's Parking Lot HATES My Car!!!

1 comment: